21 February Penning
Something is very different around MLA right now. Here’s what I see:
- People arriving in the mornings are not only bringing their children, but also boxes of intriguing items. Items that have been made or purchased for the auction.
- There are more people spending the day at MLA, namely the auction committee.
- Their hustle and bustle is obvious to all as they carry items to the basement for storage until Mar. 3.
- Someone is more often using the computer lab in preparation for…………you guessed it, THE AUCTION.
- Visitors arrive after school to work on a class project, again, for…….THE AUCTION
You’ve heard the phrase “It takes a village to raise a child.” Well, it also takes a village to put on an auction! Key words to a successful auction might be………procurement, organization, publicity, food, VOLUNTEERISM, bidding, silent auction, donations, planning, computers, services, teacher involvement, parent involvement, grandparent involvement, fun, tickets, stress (yes, there’s some of that), gratitude, profits, expenses, decorating, cleaning up, etc.
So, thank you to everyone who has contributed in any way, and if you still have something to contribute, whether it be goods or services, we will welcome any help we can get!